FCN guidance for stalls – Christmas 2020 Tier 2
These guidelines are designed to clarify the situation for stalls in Furzedown in December 2020 and the FCN committee expect all stallholders to follow this advice.
- A stall can be considered its own place of business, comparable to retail outlets in a shopping centre. Any business operating during the COVID-19 pandemic is obligated to put measures in place that prevent the spread of infection amongst staff, volunteers and customers.
Social distancing should be observed, keeping at least 2m apart, (or 1 metre with risk mitigation), and we should ensure that people do not meet in groups of more than 6.
- Attendees and vendorsshould consider wearing non-medical face masks, even if a mask is not necessary for the work they are performing.
- Consider implementing measures to minimize the risk of transmission, such as:
o Performing frequent hand hygiene.
o Creating barriers (e.g. glass or plastic partitions) between patrons and workers,
o Eliminating food sampling.
o Preventing customers from gathering in groups of more than 6.
o Asking customers to refrain from handling products and to point out the items they want bagged by staff.
o Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE),
- Follow cleaning and disinfecting practices, including regular sanitation of any stall surfaces and equipment touched by workers and patrons.
- Take precautions at the point of sale to reduce transmission.
o Physically distance workers from patrons or install physical barriers.
o Sanitize electronic keypads or touchscreens after each use.
o Minimize the handling of money.
o Ensure gloves are available for workers handling cash.
- Develop strategies to minimize the handling of objects between multiple attendees and ensure frequent cleaning and disinfecting of these objects. If an items is shared between attendees, attendees should:
o Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or alcohol based hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol before and after handling a shared item.
o Hard-surfaced items, or items which can be laundered should be cleaned and disinfected.
o Soft-surface items, or other items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected should be isolated for a period of 24 hours.