What is the Furzedown Community Network?
The Furzedown Community Network (FCN), is made up of local people keen to promote a sense of community and help make Furzedown – an area and local government ward between Streatham and Tooting in South West London – a good place to live, work and play.
We work to improve our neighbourhood, which includes organising events including the annual Furzedown Summer Festival and Christmas Market and smaller events such as quiz nights. The activities undertaken reflect the interests and energy of the group members who organise them.
There is an annual general meeting which meets early in the year to elect the committee and discuss other issues.
Local businesses support us in various ways and give discounts to our members.
Join FCN – click here
- FCN Quiz Night - The Quiz night will now be on January 22nd – keep that date, details to follow.
- Mitcham Lane Christmas lights - The lights on Mitcham Lane will be switched on at 4pm on the 8th December – carols, fir cone decoration for kids in the Living Room, join us opposite the pub for the start of Christmas in Furzedown.
- This weekend in Furzedown - On Saturday we have yard sales (there will be more on the 11th December), for a list see Yard Sale — QUIRKY DOVETAIL. On Sunday is Walk, Scoot, Run Furzedown. Enjoy the weekend.
- Run, walk, scoot Furzedown - is back on the 7th November Run, walk, scoot Furzedown
- The quiz night – postponed - Quiz night The quiz night planned in November has been put off until January – but there is a quiz on the 20th November at the Baptist Church, in aid of Tearfunds.
Chat with the community
Communication between members of the Furzedown Community takes place on a groups.io group – to join send a blank email to email@example.com
Feel free to donate to the FCN via Paypal if you wish to support local events such as the Festival in June.