What is the Furzedown Community Network?
The Furzedown Community Network (FCN), is made up of local people keen to promote a sense of community and help make Furzedown – an area and local government ward between Streatham and Tooting in South West London – a good place to live, work and play.
We work to improve our neighbourhood, which includes organising events including the annual Furzedown Summer Festival and Christmas Market and smaller events such as quiz nights. The activities undertaken reflect the interests and energy of the group members who organise them.
There is an annual general meeting which meets early in the year to elect the committee and discuss other issues.
Local businesses support us in various ways and give discounts to our members.
Join FCN – click here
- Furzedown Tree Trail - Looking for something to do while you are out – try the Tree Trail.
- ‘Tales From the Trees’ - ‘Tales From the Trees’ a Furzedown Community Network sponsored Zoom talk in association with 1000 Trees for Furzedown 7.00 – 8.00 p.m. Wednesday 14th October Join author and broadcaster Bob Gilbert on a virtual walk to look at -and sometimes listen to- some of our commonest street trees, unravelling where they came from, how they got here and even how … Continue reading "‘Tales From the Trees’"
- RUN WALK SCOOT FURZEDOWN - Furzedown Community Network is organising a RUN WALK SCOOT FURZEDOWN Event Sunday OCTOBER 25 th 11-1 Round the boundaries of Furzedown which is just about 5k Start where you want finish where you want There will be 4 check points for you to collect a stamp at; 4 stamps = a medal!!!! … Continue reading "RUN WALK SCOOT FURZEDOWN"
- FCN Community awards - Dear Furzedown As you’ll probably remember, we (FCN) recently invited people in Furzedown to nominate people who have made a valuable contribution to our Furzedown community in the past year, in order for that contribution to be acknowledged and recognised. We have had a good number of nominations, for which many thanks. (Several people were … Continue reading "FCN Community awards"
- The Art show of recent graduates - The show had finished – but you can still see the video
Chat with the community
Communication between members of the Furzedown Community takes place on a groups.io group – to join send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to donate to the FCN via Paypal if you wish to support local events such as the Festival in June.