What is the Furzedown Community Network?
The Furzedown Community Network (FCN), is made up of local people keen to promote a sense of community and help make Furzedown – an area and local government ward between Streatham and Tooting in South West London – a good place to live, work and play.
We work to improve our neighbourhood, which includes organising events including the annual Furzedown Summer Festival and Christmas Market and smaller events such as quiz nights. The activities undertaken reflect the interests and energy of the group members who organise them.
There is an annual general meeting which meets early in the year to elect the committee and discuss other issues.
Local businesses support us in various ways and give discounts to our members.
Join FCN – click here
- - The FCN AGM will be held on the 6th February at 6pm, on zoom. Members will receive an invitation. If you are not a member and wish to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covid contributions - Two local initiatives in response to the Covid crisis are continuing their work. Critical NHS is still collecting to support NHS staff – Support NHS Critical Care Staff and the vulnerable @CriticalNhs (paypal.com) We were pleased to see Anastasia getting a Point of Light award – A Gift from Furzedown – Points of Light and … Continue reading "Covid contributions"
- Virtual tour of the recycling facility - WRWA has offered us a virtual tour, with a short talk and Q&As on Monday 18th January at 6pm, to find out more about how our domestic recycling is processed.We have a small no. of spaces.If you would like to be part of this Zoom tour, please send me your email by Sunday 17th at … Continue reading "Virtual tour of the recycling facility"
- Cooking event on zoom - The cooking event on Sunday has been cancelled – it will be rearranged in the New Year.
- A Gift from Furzedown update. - This huge project is coming along nicely, we are still filling the stockings ready to be wrapped and returned to us ready to distribute to some of the local schools , Faylands children centre and the Furzedown project next week. We are aware there are many charitable projects this year more than others and we … Continue reading "A Gift from Furzedown update."
Chat with the community
Communication between members of the Furzedown Community takes place on a groups.io group – to join send a blank email to email@example.com
Feel free to donate to the FCN via Paypal if you wish to support local events such as the Festival in June.