History section 2

In the late 19th century, Furzedown House was owned by the Seely family, whose main residence was in the Isle of Wight. Later, it became a Teacher Training College and is now part of Graveney School. This lodge for Furzedown House, built in 1860, still remains.

In the more distant past, the inhabitants of the manor of Tooting Graveney had the right of cutting furze and digging gravel.

Section 3