What is the Furzedown Community Network?
The Furzedown Community Network (FCN), is made up of local people keen to promote a sense of community and help make Furzedown – an area and local government ward between Streatham and Tooting in South West London – a good place to live, work and play.
We work to improve our neighbourhood, which includes organising events including the annual Furzedown Summer Festival and Christmas Market and smaller events such as quiz nights. The activities undertaken reflect the interests and energy of the group members who organise them.
There is an annual general meeting which meets early in the year to elect the committee and discuss other issues.
Local businesses support us in various ways and give discounts to our members.
Join FCN – click here
Chat with the community
Communication between members of the Furzedown Community takes place on a groups.io group – to join send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to donate to the FCN via Paypal if you wish to support local events such as the Festival in June.
- Coming up - Mitcham Lane Christmas lights – switch on Friday 6th December 3.30 – choirs and other goodies. Election Hustings – Sunday 8th at 5pm at St James’s
- The Quiz Night - Yes it’s that time of year again, are you ready for the most quirky quiz in Furzedown?!! Yes Paul is back as Quiz master with his trusty side kick, Eileen. If you want to join us for an evening of fun quiz questions, then Seely Hall on Sat 16 Nov is the place to be!!... View Article
- Last events of the Festival - It’s been a good Festival this year and still coming up; more fitness, gardening and walks on the Common, the Plant–based Food Pot Luck Picnic on Saturday, Jazz on the Lawn on Sunday and The Big Furzedown Giggle on the 17th July. We hope to see you there and hope you enjoy the rest of... View Article
- New member benfit for FCN members - TanGia restaurant, Tooting, now offering 15% discount to FCN members Contact: email@example.com / tel: 020 3774 0779 Open: Monday – Saturday 6pm – 11pm Address: 108 Mitcham road, London. SW17 9NG They specialise in Moroccan and Mediterranean dishes.
- Another great week in the Festival - – an interesting talk from Charles Hymas, How Big Tech Addicted a Generation of Children to Social Media, more fitness taster sessions, two garden gigs, a gardening session and at the weekend the Furzedown Yard sales – over 60 yard sales across Furzedown coinciding with the Penwortham PTA Scarecrow trail, support your neighbours and grab... View Article