What is the Furzedown Community Network?
The Furzedown Community Network (FCN), is made up of local people keen to promote a sense of community and help make Furzedown – an area and local government ward between Streatham and Tooting in South West London – a good place to live, work and play.
We work to improve our neighbourhood, which includes organising events including the annual Furzedown Summer Festival and Christmas Market and smaller events such as quiz nights. The activities undertaken reflect the interests and energy of the group members who organise them.
There is an annual general meeting which meets early in the year to elect the committee and discuss other issues.
Local businesses support us in various ways and give discounts to our members.
Join FCN – click here
- Home schooling maths support - The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics has some resources for parents and carers helping children with maths at home.
- Summer events – a virtual dog show - Despite the current situation and the need to cancel much of our Festival, some things will still happen somehow. The Friends of Tooting Common annual dog show is going virtual on the 17th May at 2pm – Further details, including the entry form, are on their website at www.friendsoftootingcommon.uk/virtualfundogshow . The Show is now open for … Continue reading "Summer events – a virtual dog show"
- Covid-19 information - Our MP has an excellent information page on the current situation – particularly good on the government support schemes etc. http://www.drrosena.co.uk/faqs
- Covid-19 Guide for parents - New information leaflet for parents
- Tooting Covid-19 volunteer organisation - See their website which includes a list of the street WhatsApp groups.
Chat with the community
Communication between members of the Furzedown Community takes place on a groups.io group – to join send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to donate to the FCN via Paypal if you wish to support local events such as the Festival in June.